[B-Greek] B-Greek] OYE in Matthew 28:1

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 22:15:07 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:22:01 +0200
From: "Randall Buth" <randallbuth at gmail.com> wrote

<clipped>

>You may want to let this picture sit a while if it is new for you.
>There are quite a few interesting ramifications and more than one way
> to read synoptically.
>(I have a 25-page article on this forthcoming in May 2006 that I will
> send you offlist.)

>Randall Buth

Hi, Randall,

To let that picture sit will take much long time, if it ever sits.  I
myself was confused about the whole passion chronology, including this
post-resurrection narratives.

Two words OYE and EPIFWSKOUSH, each has doubling meaning
(after/late-on and at-dusk/at-dawn) and you are sticking to one which
seems to put the Bible into a self-contradictory position.

In Mark, it clearly says within the context of the time-event  that
this happened in the morning time not at the dusk after sunset.  (Note
the example of EPIFWSKOUSH in Lk  23:54  is in a different time-event
to tell clearly it is in the evening.)

Consider two phrases in Mk 16:2 LIAN PRWI ~ ANATEILANTOS TOU hHLIOU.
Don't you think this verse gives us a proper time orientation?  This
way the Bible harmonizes itself, perfectly to me. [This is one of the
essential position for interpretation of the Bible as I know; if
understanding/rendering puts the Bible in a contradictory position in
whole or in part, it is one's understanding, not the Bible to blame.]

Oun.

P.S.

Whatever mental picture the Hebrew speaking people have on the
beginning of a day (in Hebrew style), it is hard to imaging they would
have confusion in their language.

Curiously, in the Netzarim Reconstruction of Hebrew Matiytyahu [2000],
they understand this event  happening as the 1st day of the week
begins, that is,  in the evening after sunset of the sabbath.

Please forward your coming article to me also. I would appreciate very much.