[B-Greek] LXX Greek vs NT Greek

Gene Gardner g_gardner1234 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 09:15:50 EDT 2006

Thank you all for the information. It is always nice to have the scholars weigh in. My next question is related to my first. In your view, can someone use the application of the Greek words found in the LXX, as chosen by the translators to best express its Hebrew equivalent, as a template to define what the possible Hebrew equivalent of the same NT words might be in a reverse fashion? Would this sort of application be considered accurate or acceptable in the academic language community?

 Once again, thank you all for your input,

 Gene Gardner