[B-Greek] Rm 9:7a Seed of Abraham or Children of Abraham

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:00:23 EDT 2006

After my reply is sent, looking further at the rendering by George and
others, I have not gotten a clear answer about whether ABRAAM is to
SPREMA ar TEKNA.

George:  Nor that all children are seed of Abraham
Hays:   Not all children of Abraham are 'seed'

Similar contrast is seen between NET and NRSV:

/ nor are all the children Abraham's seed - NET;
/ not all of Abrahams' children are his seed – NRSV

Can you help me understand Gk syntax for a subtle difference?  Either
way is o.k.?

Oun Kwon.

P.S.  Correction; The coupled ones are OU (v.6b) and OUD (v.7a); not
with OUC (v.6a).