[B-Greek] Webb & Kysar's Greek for Preachers

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 16:07:49 EDT 2006

> 4. The object is to get students using the language as early as possible.
> My method equips students to do so in half the time of standard methods
> (in 36 classroom hours / 135 total hours any text of the OT would be
> accessible).

I'll be starting this Fall at a "Classical Christian School" which starts
them quite early in the languages indeed (3rd grade for Latin, 7th for Greek
[they are thinking about adding Hebrew too!]).  Any tips or tricks for
teaching the languages at those ages?  I have only ever taught adults for
Greek, High school (grades 9-12) for Latin...  The school is K-12.  Three
recent graduates are either currently or are matriculating as Classics
majors at schools such as Bryn Mawr and the University of Pennsylvania...

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Adjunct Faculty & IT Support
The Center for Urban Theological Studies
http://www.cuts.edu
Visiting Faculty
Reformed Theological Seminary-Washington DC
http://www.rts.edu/campuses/washington_dc/index.cfm

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry