[B-Greek] Shep 36:6

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Sat Apr 15 13:26:13 EDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Ron Fay wrote:

> Isn't it an extension of an accusative of respect? I mean, a Greek
> speaker/reader would not say it is an accusative functioning as an
> adverb,
> they would just say it is a complementary accusative. Thus, I would
> want to
> label it according to the classifications of accusatives, so
> accusative of
> respect would be my take (with respect to nothing).

Well, the linguists may step in here and provide what they consider
the proper terminology (if they can come to an agreement about it); I
think really that ALL accusatives are adverbial, inasmuch as ALL
accusatives indicate a LIMIT of the function of a verb, adjective, or
adverb.

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/