[B-Greek] Oxford Latin Dictionary

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at ioa.com
Sat Jul 30 13:40:29 EDT 2005

I do own a copy of the hard-copy OLD myself and am glad to have it,
but I think it is worth noting that I've heard loud voices (I really
can't ascertain anything about how many in relationship to how loud)
insisting that the OLD is NOT really an improvement over the older
Lewis & Short. I think that I found Lewis & Short more helpful back
when I taught Latin Composition and needed to differentiate between
words -- especially verbs --  of similar meaning. Lewis & Short is
available in a handy format on-line at Perseus. I've read that
there's an electronic version of L&S at CETH that is viewable with
the DJVu plug-in.