[B-Greek] rough breathing in Koine times

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at ioa.com
Wed Jul 27 13:09:23 EDT 2005

It's unclear to me in exactly what sense Malcolm means "preserved." I
may well be saying the same thing -- I hope more clearly -- in simply
noting that for those who learned to write Greek in a school, at
least, spelling tends to be far more conservative than oral usage.
You might compare English where we write "although" and say "altho."

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/