[B-Greek] POS Origins

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at sil.org
Sun Jul 17 17:43:56 EDT 2005

Eddie,

Like James Tauber, I'm not sure if there are books available on your
interests here. If you are primarily thinking of the evolution of language,
the writings of linguist Derek Bickerton come to mind.

If you are thinking of linguistic relationships which sometimes exist
between word classes, such as between verbs and adjectives, or between
demontratives and pronouns, then do web searches on keywords
"grammaticalization" and "word classes."

I am still having difficulty tying all this to ATR and the b-greek mailing
list, so I am not sure if I have understood yet what it is you are
interested in. Unless you can help me see a closer connection to Greek, this
will need to be my last post on this topic since without further
understanding of the connection, this seems to be off-topic for this list.
You could try posting your question to the Linguist List folks. Their
website is at url:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.html

Regards,
Wayne