[B-Greek] Revelation 1:18

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 17:00:58 EDT 2005

The New World "translation," as you put it, is a literal translation from
the Greek.  The way it renders Revelation 1:18 is not different from other
"translations," to use your expression.

For example, Revelation 1:18 in the Analytical-Literal Translation by Gary
F. Zeolla (2001) reads: "And I became dead.  And Look!  I am living  into the
ages of the ages."

The New Testament Transline by Michael Magill (2002) renders it: "And I
became dead and behold -- I am living forever and ever."

Literal "translations," as you put it, do just that -- they translate
literally.

Solomon

In a message dated 07/12/2005 12:08:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,