[B-Greek] sabbatical year of Greek study

Susan Jeffers susan at read-the-bible.org
Thu Jul 7 11:26:02 EDT 2005

---------------Greetings Greekers!  Copy to John O'Brien

I recently received the following inquiry - anyone who has a suggestion
please respond directly to John O'Brien at obrien at cyber.net.pk

Thanks!

Susan Jeffers

John O'Brien's inquiry:

  Dr. Jeffers,

Greetings from Pakistan!

Excuse me if I intrude upon your valuable time.

I am a missionary in Pakistan and have been here for many years. I have a
year of sabbatical study coming up and wish to use it studying New
Testament Greek - preferably for a Master's degree; with a view to Bible
translation work.

I have degrees in Theology; so Theology as such is not my main focus for
this sabbatical. I studied  NT Greek years ago - it's there somewhere, but
pretty rusty!

While searching on the Internet your name appeared in what seemed to be the
most promising places for what I had in mind. The
University/college/seminary may be anywhere: USA, Europe, UK or elsewhere.
What matters is a course for a year devoted almost entirely to the text of
the NT and leading to a Master's degree.

If you know of such a programme - or of one approximating to it, I would me
most grateful if you would point me in that direction.

With thanks for your generous consideration of this letter.

Yours sincerely

John O'Brien.

EMail: susan at read-the-bible.org
Peace Church Bible Study Home Page: www.read-the-bible.org