[B-Greek] Traditional Greek grammar (was: Ephesians 5:5 "TOU XRISTOU KAI QEOU")

Iver Larsen iver at larsen.dk
Sun Jul 10 14:13:39 EDT 2005

> I will continue to follow the traditional Greek grammar.
>
> george
> gfsomsel

This is another topic, but I don't anticipate any further discussion, and
I'll only comment briefly.
No one is forcing you to adopt any new theories. As far as I know,
traditional Greek grammar has been unable to explain the function of Greek
word order, and it is a challenging task to attempt to do so. However, the
principle of "left-emphasis" was expounded long before modern linguistics by
Joseph Rotherham in 1878 in his book The New Testament Critically
Emphasized. What happened before that, I don't know.

Iver Larsen