[B-Greek] archive searches

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 11:25:08 EDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 9:45 AM, jonathan menn wrote:

> The archives are organized by date and thread. Is there some way to
> review them by book and/or verse, or perhaps by word or phrase.
> Those would be the most helpful ways to search the site. I'm new to
> this list, so perhaps I'm missing something.

While I agree that this would be useful, the only time we ever
seriously discussed this there was disagreement over whether it
should be a simple listing or some sort of cataloging by stances
taken on issues of interpretation. It was agreed that this could not
really be done with adequate objectivity. It would take some effort
to catalogue all the archives since 1992 even by Biblical book and
chapter, but I suppose it could be done using various strategies such
as Apple's Tiger (OS X 10.4) "smart mailboxes" which expand
automatically to include new messages falling within the paramters of
the search.

cwconrad at ioa.com or cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/