[B-Greek] historical present tense in romans

Joseph Weaks j.weaks at tcu.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:30:15 EDT 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Joseph Descans wrote:
> i am a serious bible student and fledgling greek student. i wish to
> obtain
> some references for my study of the historical present tense in
> biblical
> greek and especially the book of romans for some research and writing
> i am
> doing.  i appreciate all the help i can get.

It might be helpful if you could be more specific of what you were
looking for... theses available in journals, online? Lists of suspects
for historical present?

It's rather helpful that English itself commonly uses historical
present as a narrative device:

"Get a load of this. Yesterday, I was walking down the hall, and I saw
Julia. And she looks the other way, as if she doesn't even recognize
me! Can you believe that?"

HTH,
Joe

Rev. Joseph A. Weaks
Ph.D. (Cand.), Brite Divinity School, Ft. Worth
j.weaks at tcu.edu

The Macintosh Biblioblog  http://macbiblioblog.blogspot.com
"All things Macintosh for the Bible Scholar"