[B-Greek] Ephesians 5:5 "TOU XRISTOU KAI QEOU"

David Bielby dbielby at bloomingtonvineyard.org
Sat Jul 2 11:26:32 EDT 2005

In Ephesians 5:5 we have this phrase "OUK EXEI KLHRONOMIAN EN TH BASILEIA
TOU XRISTOU KAI QEOU."

My question is the construction of two nouns with one article at the end.
How much weight should we put on this when

translating it.that is can we say that this supports the deity of
XRISTOU.does KAI here mean 'EVEN' because of the

lack of an article with QEOU?  Is that a reasonable option?  Why or why not?
I have toyed with translating this phrase.

Doesn't have an inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ who is God.  Or
.Christ, even God.  What thinkest thou?

A second question on the same verse relates to the idiomatic Hebrewism? (is
that the right spelling?) Expressed in  TOUTO GAR

ISTE GINWSKONTES Can someone explain to me the concept of an absolute
infinitive from Hebrew and how it shapes the

meaning here?  I know nada in Hebrew and cannot find this in my key
grammars.

Thank you gentlemen!!

In Xpistw,

David Bielby