[B-Greek] Texts

Schmuel schmuel at escape.com
Fri Jul 1 18:40:50 EDT 2005

Hi b-greek,

Larry gives a good explanation of the three camps, for which my preference is 3,
and I respect the closely related 2.  One grammatical comment of note :-)

Larry Baker,
>You have three camps believing that theirs is the best text:
>1) The Eclectic camp - The Nestle/Aland text - Older manuscripts are better and conclusive conjectures can be made, as to how various variant readings arose from the autograph's reading.

"conclusive conjectures" - an alliterative oxymoron ?

 From www.dictionary.com

con·clu·sive<https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dconclusive>
Serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty; decisive.

con·jec·ture
Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY