[B-Greek] Subset propositions.

Joe Hightower boeinguy2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 16:04:06 EDT 2005

Wallace describes Predicate Nominative constructions and describes two Categories, subset propositions and convertible propositions. Then he describes methods of identifying which is which.

 The phrase "God is love" in 1 John 4:8 becomes a subset proposition since the subject 'God' is articular and the predicate nominative  'Love' is not.

 Subset propositions identify the subject as a subset of a classification defined by the predicate nominative.

 I have two questions: 1) do I understand the idea correctly and 2) in what way does 'Love' represent a class to which 'God' belongs ?