[B-Greek] tenses of GINOMAI

Zhang Jia Jun nuovocp2 at singnet.com.sg
Sun Jun 22 01:19:13 EDT 2003

GINOMAI is a deponent verb. When we say deponent verb, it means basically a
verb which is passive in form(s), but has an active meaning. Deponent verbs
normally take the passive and the middle verb forms as such, instead of
active verb forms. That could explain the reason why GINOMAI only has four
parts. (I am not a linguist here, so maybe, someone who is more familiar
with Greek grammar and its structure will be able to give a clearer
explanation).

Kevin Teo