[B-Greek] interlinear Greek -literal English SEPTUAGINT

Steven Lo Vullo slovullo at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 01:48:40 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 04:44  PM, Ben and Jo Crick wrote:

>  I use Sir Lancelot Brenton's /The Septuagint with Apocrypha: Greek and
>  English/, originally published by Samuel Bagster, London, 1851;
> reprinted
>  by Hendrickson Publishers, Peabody MA, 1986 and subsequently.
>
>  The Greek text occupies 2/3rds of the page, with the English
> translation
>  by Sir Lancelot in a parallel column towards the outer edge of each
> page.
>  "Interpaginar", not Interlinear.
>
>  I think Bibleworks has an electronic LXX; but if you want say Hebrew
> and LXX
>  to be displayed simultaneously, it is sometimes difficult to get them
>  display the same verse. The ExPlan Holy Bible system which I use
> cannot
>  incorporate the LXX because the chapter and verse numbering widely
> differ in
>  places, especially in Jeremiah.

With Accordance you can view the Hebrew, LXX, and Brenton texts side by
side, as well as Tov's MT/LXX parallel aligned text. It should be noted
that Brenton's translation often follows an underlying Greek text that
differs--sometimes significantly--from the Rahlfs Greek text, so one
must be careful when using Brenton with Rahlfs.