[B-Greek] interlinear Greek -literal English SEPTUAGINT

Ben and Jo Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 17:44:07 EDT 2003

On Tue 17 Jun 2003 (11:44:22 +0100), colin at cthompson.org.uk wrote:
> can anyone recommend any interlinear Greek -literal English SEPTUAGINT
> available in hard copy or as file?

 I use Sir Lancelot Brenton's /The Septuagint with Apocrypha: Greek and
 English/, originally published by Samuel Bagster, London, 1851; reprinted
 by Hendrickson Publishers, Peabody MA, 1986 and subsequently.

 The Greek text occupies 2/3rds of the page, with the English translation
 by Sir Lancelot in a parallel column towards the outer edge of each page.
 "Interpaginar", not Interlinear.

 I think Bibleworks has an electronic LXX; but if you want say Hebrew and LXX
 to be displayed simultaneously, it is sometimes difficult to get them to
 display the same verse. The ExPlan Holy Bible system which I use cannot
 incorporate the LXX because the chapter and verse numbering widely differ in
 places, especially in Jeremiah.

 ERRWSQE
 Ben
 <ben.crick at argonet.co.uk>