[B-Greek] Sorry! Resubmitting Mark 4:26-31: The word for "seed"

Peggy Rodina peggyrodina at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 18:04:25 EDT 2003

Sorry about the error of trying to use Greek script. I'll try again.
KOKKOS -OU, m ; SPERMA -A, n; SPORON -OU. m;  are three words sometimes translated as seed. Another the word is "H KARPOS." I am wondering what the difference is and why so many different words?

I'll add another question I have.

When I was studying Greek at the University of Minnesota, I asked my professor whether the Greek language was very distinguishing of such things as varieties of trees.  He said they were not.

Any opinions or reflections?