[B-Greek] TLG query

Jeffrey B. Gibson jgibson000 at attbi.com
Mon Jun 16 09:38:33 EDT 2003

bgreek at ntresources.com wrote:

> > > 1. Am I correct in that the LXX is not included in the TLG
> > > database?  (If so, would I assume that this might be because it is a
> > > translation and not "original Greek"?)
> >
> > No, it is there. It's included in the section called "varia
> > and incertum".
>
> Hmmm. Guess I'll need to spend more time figuring out the search system
> then. I first noticed what I assumed was a lack of LXX data when a simple
> search for PASA SARX did not turn up any hits in LXX (when I know it's used
> about 20 times, e.g., Isa 40:5).

The way I  get to the LXX data using the Silver Mountain software is to click
on the date tab in the interface and to go to the very bottom of the date range
list. You'll see "varia and incertum" there. Highlight that with your cursor
and then do your search.

> > And don't discount the printed canon List.
>
> I don't--it's just that it's all the way across campus in the library... :)

It's really advisable, now that you have the TLG disk, to have your own copy.
I advise doing  a used book search on the net. I got my copy for less than $10!
A steal, I think.

Yours,

Jeffrey