[B-Greek] Matthew 24:34

Jason Hare jason at jhronline.com
Mon Jun 16 08:52:08 EDT 2003

Carl,

Since we're allowing short interpretive notes, why not
allow for a FOURTH position? What if we just take it
to mean "this generation" (the one that was living at
the time when it was spoken) and avoid all the
harmonization with history? Perhaps Jesus was just
plain wrong.

Again, B-Greek is for translation, not interpretation.
We need to leave the dogma regarding the verses at the
door. Everyone has interpretations. And this can open
a real can of worms. Don't you think?

Regards,
Jason

--- "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu>