[B-Greek] Direct Object in Genitive

waldo slusher waldoslusher at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 11:25:19 EDT 2003

We are told that some verbs take their Direct Object
in the Genitive. Examples are listed as AKOUW,
perception; SPLAGGNIZOMAI, pity; EPIQUMEW, desire;
ARCW, ruling. The basis for these verbs taking a
Genitive is said to be because they related to the
"root idea" of the Genitive. In what way does
perception, pity, desire, or ruling related to the
root idea of the Genitive? I take it that Genitive
comes from GENOS, kind.

=====
Waldo Slusher
Calgary, AB