[B-Greek] E- version of Westcott-Hort 1881 with accent marks?

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect-technologies.com
Thu Jun 5 04:56:36 EDT 2003

At 05:48 PM 6/4/2003 -0400, Clwinbery at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 6/4/03 1:45:37 PM, fguyette at erskine.edu writes:
>
> >Friends -- I am a librarian at Erskine College and Seminary in South
> >Carolina -- today I have rec'd a phone call from someone asking for an
> >electronic version of Westcott-Hort, 1881, with the accent marks. He
> >says PERSEUS was not willing to allow him access to a version with
> >accent marks, and that the "OliveTree" version does not have the accent
> >marks he needs for his project.

Perseus has just that - to get it to show properly, you have to configure
your display. There is a link that tells you how to do that.

Here's the table of contents:

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0155&query=toc&layout=&loc=Matthew%202.1

Here's Matthew:

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0155&query=chapter%3D%232&layout=&loc=Matthew%202.1

Incidentally, it looks better in the later books. My guess is that they
started with Matthew and learned as they went on.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
jwrobie at mindspring.com

EXISTANTO DE PANTES KAI DIHPOROUN, ALLOS PROS ALLON LEGONTES: TI QELEI
TOUTO EINAI;   -- Acts 2:12

B-Greek (http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek)
B-Hebrew (http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew)
Little Greek (http://www.ibiblio.org/koine)