[B-Greek] LXX Tetragrammaton in Aquila query (& PaleoHebrew f ont?)

bgreek at ntresources.com bgreek at ntresources.com
Tue Jun 3 10:03:11 EDT 2003

A related Greek accent question just occurred to me. The normal rule is that
a grave accent can only occur "in flow" (i.e., with other Greek text
following). When "out of flow" a grave always changes to an acute. So how
would one accent the EGW in the example I gave from 3 Kgs 21:13? It does not
have a "Greek word" following it, but a Hebrew word--but one which is
"standing in" for KURIOS?! Should it remain EGW\ or become EGW/ ?

(The ref., if you need it, is at
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/temp/temp.htm>.)

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D., Associate Prof/NT
Baptist Bible Seminary, Clarks Summit, PA,USA
NTResources.com  PURL: purl.oclc.org/NT_Resources/
Email: <rdecker> at <NTResources.com>