[B-Greek] John 17,3 present and future?

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 10:03:34 EDT 2003

hAUTH DE ESTIN hH AIWNIOS ZWN, hINA GINWSKWSIN SE TON
MONON ALHQINON QEON KAI hON APESTEILAS IHSOUN CRISTON

Discussing the present tense, my book describes it as
'continuous' or 'repeated' action. Then it says of
GINWSKWSIN that it means "keeps on knowing". So this
would seem to me to be saying that the present tense
also includes the future (tense). Do I take this
right? And my followup question; Would the difference
between the present and future be that the future
action has yet to start, while the present tense says
that the action is at that present time going on and
"keeps on going into and including the future"?

=====
Mitch Larramore
Spring Branch, Texas
Student/Memorial High School