[B-Greek] Heb 2:10 - AGAGONTA

Kevin Smith kgsmith at webmail.co.za
Thu Jul 31 07:13:29 EDT 2003

I have two questions regarding the use of AGAGONTA in Heb 2:10, which reads:

EPREPEN GAR AUTWi, DI hON TA PANTA KAI DI hOU TA PANTA, POLLOUS hUIOUS EIS
DOXAN AGAGONTA TON ARCHGON THS SWTHRIAS AUTWN DIA PAQHMATWN TELEIWSAI.

1) How would one describe or classify its grammatical function in the
sentence? Is it a temporal participle?

2) Why is it in the accusative case? It seems to modify AUTWi, so I would
expect it to be dative. What am I missing?

Thanks
Kevin Smith

Port Elizabeth
South Africa