[B-Greek] the word hellenistic.

Kevin W. Woodruff cierpke at prodigy.net
Wed Jul 30 12:23:02 EDT 2003

Dave:

Hellenistic is an adjective derived frm the Greek word

Hellas which is the Greek word for "Greece." In
biblical studies it may refer to the Jews that were
outside of Palestine in the Diaspora, often it refers
to the phase of the Greek language that occured
between the Classical and Byzantine phases, which is
sometimes called "Koine."

Kevin