[B-Greek] ARCW and ARCOMAI

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 11:53:56 EDT 2003

These words are given the meanings I rule and I begin
respectively. But the instructor seems to imply that
these are the same root verbs but just have different,
unrelated meanings due to being in different voices.
Implying to me that what causes their being unrelated
semantically is Voice. Is it entirely possible that
these words are not from the same root afterall? Just
because they look alike does not have to mean they are
from the same root does it?
(In English, some words have the same letters but are
not at all related to each other. "Bank" comes to
mind. A financial building or a river slope.)

=====
Mitch Larramore
Spring Branch, Texas
Student/Memorial High School