[B-Greek] Heb 6:9 KAI ECOMENA SWTHRIAS

Erich Vaughan Burton zaxciel at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 05:15:04 EDT 2003

I would like to thanks all who shed some light on my previous question.

The pharse "KAI ECOMENA SWTHRIAS" is translated almost
uniformly as "the things that accompany salvation".

It would seem to me that the particple "ECOMENA" is being used
substantively in this case, however I don't understand why in the translation
they are the things "that accompany" and why SWTHRIAS is in the genitive case.

My question:

Is this an idiomatic expression?

If so, are there any books, preferably online, that would list all idiomatic expression in New Testament Greek.

Thanks

Erich