[B-Greek] 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and spiritual gifts/manifestations

Kuzus at aol.com Kuzus at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 12:39:33 EDT 2003

I have a question about 1 Corinthians 12:7-11. I do not know any Greek and I am trying to get a better understanding of the passage. Are the "to one" and "to another" referring to one man? or to one profit? I am looking for information about whether each man receives all of the manifestations of the Spirit or each man is given a different manifestation. In verse 11, does the Spirit give individual gifts according to his will, or does he give all the gifts according to his will? Also, in a related question, is there a difference between "gifts" (charisma) of the Spirit, or "manifestations" (phanerosis) of the Spirit? I appreciate any light you can shed on this subject.

Mike Higman
St. Petersburg, FL
Student/Florida State University