[B-Greek] Use of AIRW in John 15:2

Erich Vaughan Burton zaxciel at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:10:58 EDT 2003

I just found this site the other day and have read a number of the messages that have been posted, in particular those concerning the perfect tense. Reading them made me quickly realize there was a great wealth of knowledge on this site.

I have a question that perhaps some of you could shed some light on.

I have read that in John 15:2, the verb "AIRW - to take away (KJV)"  could also mean "to lift up".

Perhaps this questions has been addressed in the past, but I would like to know if any of you know of any exegesis support for this interpretation.

Thanking you in advance.

Erich V. Burton