[B-Greek] KAGW

farley lfarley at sprint.ca
Thu Jul 17 01:07:13 EDT 2003

Dear Everyone: (I trust I am posting this one to the list, and not to any one person specifically)--
    In Lk. 11:9 (as elsewhere in the Gospels), it reads KAGW UMIN LEGW.  Please remind me again about the force of this KAGW--I have it in mind that it is an abbreviation for KAI EGW, and that the pronoun involved is to be read as an emphatic.  Am I correct (or just forgetting everyone I ever knew in school)?  Is KAGW ever read as an emphatic?  Sorry for asking such an elementary question--hopefully my Greek professor from college is on vacation now and not reading this list!
 Yours faithfully,
    Lawrence Farley, Surrey, B.C.