[B-Greek] Mark 6:20

Pastor Mark Eddy markeddy at adams.net
Fri Jul 11 20:03:36 EDT 2003

Thank you for your quick response. I guess my real question is this: can AKOUW take both a genitive object
of the person and an accusative object in the same sentence? I have found plenty of examples of one or the
other, but I haven't been able to find both kinds of object for AKOUW in the same verse. Perhaps this is
because of what you suggest.
By the way, I was not quite correct in my original message. R.C.H. Lenski does seem to treat POLLA
adverbially (modifying AKOUSAS). It is the Expositor's Greek Testament that seems to treat POLLA as an
object for this participle.
Before I heard from Dr. Conrad I tentatively translated this sections as: "And after hearing him at
length, he was perplexed, and gladly kept hearing him."
Mark Eddy