[B-Greek] Mark 6:20

Pastor Mark Eddy markeddy at adams.net
Thu Jul 10 15:07:00 EDT 2003

Mark 6:20 ends with 3 clauses describing Herod's reaction to John the Baptizer:
KAI AKOUSAS OUTOU POLLA HPOREI KAI HDEWS AUTOU HKOUEN.
My question is: with which clause does POLLA belong?
The Majority text takes it as the object of the following verb: POLLA EPOIEI
Most translations of the N-A text seem to take POLLA as an adverb, modifying the following verb HPOREI.
But R.C.H. Lenski in his commentary takes POLLA as the object of the participle AKOUSAS.
This last options makes most sense to me, but why don't any of the translations take it that way?

Mark Eddy