[B-Greek] MONON as a special particle

Harry W. Jones hwjones2 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 17:11:33 EST 2003

Hello,

In hORATE hOTI  EX ERGWN DIKAIOUTAI ANQRWPOS KAI OUK EK PISTEWS MONON from
James 2:24.

I find the idea that MONON is modifying  DIKAIOUTAI in the first clause
very puzzling. If it is modifying  DIKAIOUTAI then why isn't it in the
first clause? I know that Friberg has tagged MONON here as an adjective
being used as an adverb but I find that very puzzling as well.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Harry Jones