[B-Greek] LXX, Gen 1:11, ptcp gender?

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 31 10:06:49 EST 2003

In both cases the partiple shows concord not with the direct object BOTANHN but
with the appositives to BOTANHN, namely, SPERMA and KsULON, both of which are
neuter. "And the earth brought forth  herbage for food, namely,  seed seeding
according to kind . . .  and  'tree' producing  seedy fruit etc"
Al