[B-Greek] Re: Koine audiocassette of the NT?

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Thu Jan 30 11:44:30 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:22, Susan Jeffers wrote:
<snip>

> One place to hear the GNT in Erasmian pronunciation is Marilyn Phemister's
> website:
>
> http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/gnt/home.html
>
> You can listen online, download the entire GNT or whatever part you want,
> or she'll send you CDs for not much money.  Only downside is that she's
> recorded the Westcott-Hort text rather than UBS, for copyright reasons.

The downside is technically true; however, the degree of difference is
so very small.  I believe the significant differences are with
punctuation and textual apparatus.  The benefit of listening and
learning to pronounce Greek so very much out weigh the "downside" since
exercising both aural and oral faculties positively impacts learning the
language.

In short, don't let the use of W-H enter into the decision whether to
listen to Marilyn's contribution to learning koine Greek.

--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey at BlueFeltHat.org
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."