[B-Greek] Re: Koine audiocassette of the NT?

Susan Jeffers susan at read-the-bible.org
Thu Jan 30 11:22:33 EST 2003

I know of no GNT in "koine" (erasmian) pronunciation, but --

I have the Zodhiates tapes too, and agree that the pronunciation isn't that
hard to get used to.  And I listen to Randall Buth's pronunciation some, on
his delightful "conversational biblical Greek" course CDs, but in the
absence of extended listening opportunities with actual GNT passages, I've
not picked it up enough to speak it.  In my teaching I still use Erasmian
as it seems to be the de facto standard around the US academic
circuit.  Most important thing to me is that my students be able to read NT
Greek and discuss it with others now living!

One place to hear the GNT in Erasmian pronunciation is Marilyn Phemister's
website:

http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/gnt/home.html

You can listen online, download the entire GNT or whatever part you want,
or she'll send you CDs for not much money.  Only downside is that she's
recorded the Westcott-Hort text rather than UBS, for copyright reasons.

Susan Jeffers

EMail: susan at read-the-bible.org
Peace Church Bible Study Home Page: www.read-the-bible.org