[B-Greek] Koine audiocassette of the NT?

MarjorieAlley at cs.com MarjorieAlley at cs.com
Thu Jan 30 02:15:10 EST 2003

Thanks to those who replied on the board and via email.

Eric, you said that I would get used to the modern pronunciation if I
listened to Zodhiates' recording for six weeks. But that's what I'm afraid
of!  I'd really rather stick with what I first learned in college 30 years
ago, even though I've come to realize that not all Koine professors pronounce
everything the same way. In particular, I'd rather stick with H as long a
instead of ee.

(I meant to post the following on the board, but I accidentally sent it by
email.)

While searching for Zodhiates' tapes I came across a set of Koine audio
recordings by Marilyn Phemister. They are available online at

http://www.audiogreek.0catch.com/

She says that she is self-taught and recorded the NT when she was unable to
find a recording for purchase.  I listened to John 1 and found it easy to
follow, but my husband thought it was choppy and wasn't read with enough
expression.

Has anyone else listened to these?

Thanks,
Marjorie Alley