[B-Greek] Yahshua

PAProphet at aol.com PAProphet at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 17:21:56 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/29/2003 2:56:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
osbo at hn.ozemail.com.au writes:

> The Words Ayer Asher Ayer of Exodus 3:14 literally meam 'I will be
> (manifested in) what soever I will be' These words should never be
> translated "I AM"  as they do not fit the Hebrew tense no the meaning of
> what is meant by the verses.

Hello,
      There seems to be a lot of evidence "against" your interpretation.  The
translators of many of the modern translations do not take your point of
view.
     Take care.

RSV

14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people
of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

KJV

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say
unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

NIV

 14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the
Israelites: 'I  AM has sent me to you.' "

NASB

 14   God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to
the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

NLT

 14God replied, "I AM THE ONE WHO ALWAYS IS.  Just tell them, `I AM has sent
me to you.' "

NKJV

 14And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say
to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."'