[B-Greek] New and Old Archives and Info sites for B-Greek

Eric Weiss eweiss at gte.net
Wed Jan 29 11:32:40 EST 2003

As far as I know, Spiros Zodhiates only does a Modern Greek
pronunciation -- not Erasmian -- of the Koine Greek NT. I have it. After
about 6 weeks, you get used to it. The hardest thing is the use of "ee"
for many different vowel sounds -- i.e., I, H, EI, OI, U. Also, the lack
of rough breathing. And, Zodhiates is inconsistent in his pronunciation
of O/W and G. For my own reading, I've adopted Randall Buth's
reconstructed Koine, which is similar to Modern Greek, but still
pronounces H as "ay" and pronounces U and OI alike, as a French "u". So
as I read or teach, I have to juggle three pronunciation schemes in my
mind/head: Erasmian, Modern Greek, and Buth's scheme. Lots of fun!!

--
Eric S. Weiss
http://home1.gte.net/vzn05pnm/index.htm