[B-Greek] Hebrews 11:19 Redux

Matthew Miller biblicalscribe at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:46:08 EST 2003

Hi,
I know this list os more grammatical than theological, but sometimes the two
are so closely intertwined that it is hard to distinguish. So, I am trying
to keep this post as grammatical as possible. I had already asked about
logizomai in Heb. 11:19. I understand that it can mean anything from  "to
think" to "to reason or deduce."  Since this verse is in the midst of a
context of pistis, is not reasonable to conclude that the pistis described
is related to logizomai? In other words, that faith is reasonable and
rational? Thanks, Matthew R. Miller