[B-Greek] Those pesky "subscribe" requests

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Mon Jan 27 06:42:18 EST 2003

I think most list-members who have posted to the new list since yesterday's
change of venue have had the experience described in George Somsel's note
to me below:

>From: Polycarp66 at aol.com
>Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:55:09 EST
>Subject: Subscribe requests
>
>Carl,
>
>Since the changeover I'm still getting messages from the franklin site
>saying my subscribe request failed since I'm already subscribed.  Also,
>there have been messages from franklin saying that I lacked administrator
>privileges so my post was being sent to the list.

When will this be straightened out?  It's no real problem -- just a minor
annoyance, but it would be nice to know something.

I just discovered, almost by accident the reason for this; listed on the
membership list transferred to the new site was the e-address

b-greek at franklin.metalab.unc.edu

What that means is that one copy of each message posted to the list has
been going automatically to the old list address. That will happen no
longer, since I've removed that "member." And hopefully that will end this
particular annoyance. It will take us a while, folks, to iron out all the
wrinkles--and some of them may not get ironed out at all ... But there is
hope ...

Co-Chair, B-Greek List
cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/