[B-Greek] Unsubscribe requests

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Sun Jan 26 20:38:40 EST 2003

We're not 24 hours yet into use of the new list software and already we're
getting a spate (well, a LITTLE spate) of messages sent directly to the
list requesting that the sender be unsubscribed. What seems ironic to me
about this is that in the headers above each message distributed by our new
server are the following lines:

The first of these would take one directly to the web-site where one can
unsubscribe oneself; the second would send a message to the list
administrator requesting that the sender be unsubscribed.

The question has been implicitly raised by at least one unsubscriber as to
why he's getting mail from the list at its new venue: the reason is that
the subscriber list was carried over into the new list software quite some
time before the most was made, and BEFORE some had unsubscribed from the
franklin.oit site. At any rate, things seem to be moving fairly smoothly on
our first day at the new site.

Co-Chair, B-Greek List
cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/