[B-greek] EXELQE in Mark 1:25

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 17:12:42 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/26/2003 4:28:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bertdehaan at gosympatico.ca writes:

> I don't understand EXELQE in Mark 1:25. It looks like a present imperative
> with an aorist tense stem. I read this in a graded reader but it did not
> have a note attached so I am assuming it is quite regular.  What am I
> missing? (My questions must be very basic to many of you ,but I won't know
> if I don't ask. Thanks for bearing with me, I appreciate your replies.)

The reason this "looks like a present imperative with an aorist tense stem"
is because the word is not regular.  The present is ECERXOMAI (as the present
of HLQON is ERXOMAI).  You are correct that it is an imperative -- and it is
aorist.

gfsomsel