[B-greek] Re: INFORMATION ON BIBLICAL HEBREW AND (BIBLICAL) GREEK GRAMMARS AND SYTAXES

spyropoulos constandinos spyrcon at otenet.gr
Sun Jan 26 06:59:40 EST 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daladier Lima
  To: spyrcon at otenet.gr
  Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 1:20 AM
  Subject: Informations

  Excuse me the antiethics way (i found your e-mail in b-hebrew discussion group), but the what you recommended to learned greek?
  Preferencially web resources, money is scarce for the time being :-).

  Best wishes

  Daladier Lima
  Brazil

Dear friends, Dear Daladier Lima

Greetings to all of you from Athens, Greece

Until you approach to a level of a Hebrew to Hebrew reading Grammar Books
and Lexicons, I found, for English speaking people, a wonderful introducing
Biblical Hebrew Grammar book and a second one for advanced Hebrew learning
People of MENAHEM MANSOOR - BAKER PUBLISHING HOUSE - USA. A great variety of
exercises, reviews, vocabularies, a great grammatical and syntactical
analysis of the first chapters of GENESIS. I have found both of the books
very interesting years ago although I am not an English speaking person. I
do not know if they are out of stock.

Now I am using the Hebrew Lexicons and Concordances of Avraam Even Shoshan
(Hebrew to Hebrew) and a Hebrew to Hebrew Grammar of SHAOOL BARKALI,
publishing house of Reuben (Reouven) Mass - Jerusalem. I have also been using
his great noun and verb tables also in Hebrew. Five small but very practical
and useful tools (books) for Hebrew at accessible prices.

Regarding Biblical and Modern - current Greek I think that by using the searching machines (AlTAVISTA COM, YAHOO COM and others you will find something interesting. At the present time I have not anything special to suggest. Perhapes later on. For the time being I know that a well famous bookshop  (KOSMOS) in Athens and other greek towns is selling teaching books for Greek for non Greek speaking people. The traditional Grammar and Syntax books I know are for the Greek natives (everything is in Greek).

I hope that it helps in someway.

Best wishes

Spyropoulos Constandinos (Con)

Athens, Greece