Eusebius

Barry Hofstetter nebarry at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 21:32:48 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Garcia" <Ed.Garcia at FHLBTopeka.com>
To: "Biblical Greek" <b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 2:22 PM
Subject: [b-greek] Eusebius

>>Q1. Can Eusebius's Greek be classified, as to Koine, Attic or whatever?
This may seem like an idle question but we are curious.<<

I read quite a bit of Eusebius as background for my M.A. thesis.  While I didn't
really think of it as the time, I think now I would classify his Greek as high
literary Koine (think Epictetus) with an Atticizing tendency.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Professor of Theological and Biblical Studies
    The Center for Urban Theological Studies, Philadelphia, PA
http://home.earthlink.net/~nebarry