diagrams of Romans and 1 Corinthians 1-5

Long, Fred longf at bethelcollege.edu
Mon Jan 20 11:37:54 EST 2003

Steven,

Great work diagramming!  Thanks for making this available.

I was looking at Romans 1:5 and was wondering why you chose to place EN TOIS
EQNESIN and hUPER TOU ONOMATOS AUTOU as modifying the other object of the
preposition ("obedience of faith") rather than as adverbially modifying the
verb ELABOMEN?

This raises querstions about how to represent more than one
grammatical/interpretive option within your Greek diagramming method (or any
for that matter)?  I havn't studied other portions of your diagramming, but
I would imagine that many interpretive decisions needed to be made, and I
wonder how did you indicate that in your diagramming?

Fred

Fredrick J. Long, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of New Testament
Bethel College