Nicene Creed

Steve Puluka spuluka at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 09:31:50 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: lance w seevers <lws39 at juno.com>

> I was thinking that TO PNEUMA TO AGION was in apposition to TO KURION.
> Some of the "early church fathers"("apostolic fathers"?) use QEOS to
> refer to IHSOUS XRISTOS. Isn't it possible that they could have used
> KURIOS to refer to TO PNEUMA?
> BTW, do they ever refer to TO PNEUMA as QEOS?

Dear Lance,

You will find that Patrisitic writers do equate Christ with Kurios with
regularity.  And while reading the OT they find Christ in passages where the
Septuagint has Kurios substituted for the Divine Name.  I have not looked,
but I doubt you will find this pattern.

Steve Puluka
Masters Student SS Cyril & Methodius Seminary, Pittsburgh
Cantor in the Carpatho-Rusyn Tradition
http://www.geocities.com/spuluka